An AAC block comes in the form of lightweight precast foam concrete material for the building. This provides the structure fire and mold-resistance. It was invented in Sweden by the famous architect/ inventor and the production started by the year 1929 in Sweden. The industry of AAC blocks has a strong growth in the Asian region because of the great demand in the housing and commercial space. In the present times, the major players in Asia like India, China, middle east and the central Asian regions have a huge demand when it comes to the AAC manufacturing and production.
AAC Blocks Manufacturing Process
Not like the various other concrete applications, one produces AAC by the use of no aggregate other than sand. The binding agents used are calcined gypsum, quartz sand, cement or lime and water is used as the agent for binding. Based on the pre specified density the usage of the aluminium powder is done to the levels between 0.05 -0.08 %. In various countries like China and India, there is use of the fly ash having the silica composition of 50-65% as the aggregate. After mixing the AAC and casting it into forms, there are many chemical reactions that take place and these provide it the light weight that is actually 20% of concrete weight. This process also provides AAC the required thermal properties. The aluminium power undergoes a reaction with the calcium hydroxide and water in order to form hydrogen. By the creation of the foams of the hydrogen gas, the raw mix volume doubles and this created 3mm diameter of gas bubbles. After the foaming process ends, the hydrogen goes into the atmosphere and takes the replacement of air. After the removal of foams from the material, the soft solid is left and it is later cut into blocks. After this, these are placed in autoclave chamber for a time period of 12 hours. There is involvement of stream pressure for the process of hardening.
Role in construction/infrastructure projects in India
ACC blocks have a high requirement in India and are used as an alternative over many cement constructions in India and the credit goes to the lessening of the solid waste. There is also the availability of the consulting services for the setting up of the sustainable AAC panels and blocks in India.
AAC blocks Vs. Red bricks
In AAC blocks, the soil consumption is zero but when it comes to the red bricks, carpet area of 1 sq feet will consume 25.5 kg top soil. The dry density is much lesser compared to red bricks.
Manufacturing Process of CLC Blocks
The CLC blocks are the cement bonded material and these are made by slurry of cement blend. After this, there is injection of preformed foam into slurry. This is done in order to make the foam concrete.
Role of CLC Blocks
The CLC bricks have a major role in the infrastructure projects of India because of their comprehensive strength. India is on the path of development and is among the fastest developing nations and different infrastructure projects of private and government corporations are coming up day by day. CLC blocks find major uses even in extreme weather conditions are therefore in the list of preference.
Comparision between CLC blocks vs. AAC blocks
The equipment used for the CLC has the size compactness compared to the ACC and thus the requirement of less space as compared to the ACC. There is also requirement of less man power in CLC compared to the AAC blocks. This helps in cost cutting and is profitable for business. There is less investment required when it comes to the CLC plants because the machines for these plants are not much expensive as compared to those for the ACC. The set up comes at the lower cost and there is investment reduction to a much greater level.
Advantages of AAC Blocks
- AAC Blocks are lighter than the normal clay bricks. These have the improved thermal efficiency and this causes reduction of cooling and heating load
- Because of the lighter weight, AAC blocks are easy to use and therefore it reduce the other structural components cost.
- Because of the porous structure, there is resistance to fire
- Due to the accurate cutting, minimum sold waste generation takes place
- Because of the low resource efficiency, there is environmental impact to the low levels
- It does not consume high amount of energy as compare to normal clay bricks
- There is saving in the carriage cost because of the low weight.
- When the blocks are large, the mason work speeds up
- There is reduction in the cost of the project
- Environment friendly and energy saving
- Great ventilation and acoustics
Advantages of CLC Blocks
- The CLC blocks carry the high comprehensive strength with minimum comprehensive strength guaranteed for the bricks is 3N/mm2.
- There is huge structure savings because of the usage of these blocks to the level of 30% on the cost of beam.
- These blocks carry the good properties that are earth quake resistant.
- One can handle these easily and the lightweight CLC is quite easy when it comes to the stock and transportation.
- One can cut the CLC blocks easily to the custom sized requirements by the help of basic power tools and this is helpful for the faster construction.
- There is a high saving when it comes to the labour costs. When the construction is fast, there is reduction when it comes to the requirement of labour.
- The CLC blocks have the thermal insulation at the highest levels.
- These reduce the expenses of air conditioning to a five times low as compared to the conventional structures.
- CLC blocs are resistant in case of fire and if the fire occurs, the fumes are non-toxic.
- These blocks are a wonderful barrier when it comes to the acoustics and there is no indication of noise disturbance from the neighbour.
- The walls are smooth and accurate and because of this, there is reduction in the plastering.
- On the walls with CLC blocks, one can go for any type of finishing.
Rana Infra (RIPPL) has done a tremendous hard work since its inception and as of today has emerged as one of the leading names in AAC block supplier in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR. We have high credit attributed to the business and technical staff. The ladder is moving ahead and we are in great demand. You can contact us for any requirement of ACC blocks.